Thai massage in Chiang Mai is where ancient healing meets serene landscapes, offering a unique…
Are you curious about the world of massage therapy? Do you want to make your passion for massage into a career? Well, you’re in luck! Chiang Mai has some awesome massage schools that are accredited and offer workshops as well as courses. Our picks were carefully chosen because they have great classes, amazing teachers, and students really like them.
Whether you want to make massage your job or just have it as a fun hobby, these schools are the perfect place to start. They’ll give you all the knowledge and skills you need to become a pro at helping people feel better.
Top 4 Massage Schools in Chiang Mai
1. International Training Massage School
2. SVG Thai Massage School
- Comprehensive Thai massage courses, ranging from traditional techniques to advanced practices, including oil and foot massage.
- Personalized, family-like training experience, led by Mr. PP, a seasoned expert in spa and resort management.
- Highly skilled instructors with a rich background in healing arts, ensuring an immersive learning environment.
- Small class sizes and an award-winning approach to body movement and energy flow in massage therapy
Address: 79/10 Sripingmuang Rd
Changklan, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai,
Chiang Mai 50100
Telephone: +66 (0) 63 426 2126
3. Sunshine Massage School
- This school is dedicated to teaching Traditional Thai Yoga Massage, following the teachings of Asokananda.
- Sunshine Massage School offers courses for beginners and advanced practitioners alike.
- The curriculum is designed to be comprehensive, ensuring students gain a deep understanding of Thai traditional medicine and massage therapy.
- The school is accredited by the Thai Ministry of Education and Health, and also recognized by international bodies like the Natural Health practitioners of Canada and Massage & Myotherapy Australia
Address: 159/2 Kaew Nawarat Road 4
Wat Ket, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai 50000
Telephone: +66 (0) 5 262 574
4. TTC Spa School
- Famous for its practical and high-quality training, TTC Spa School offers specialist courses including therapist training and Thai traditional massage.
- The school is renowned both in Thailand and internationally, attracting students from all over the world.
- TTC Spa School is accredited by the Ministry of Education in Thailand and offers a comprehensive range of massage courses
Address: 121 162 M7 new 10
San Phi Suea, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai 50000
Telephone: +66 (0) 83 205 7770
How Much is a Thai Massage Course?
Exploring the cost of a Thai Massage course in Chiang Mai is crucial for aspiring therapists. Prices vary from ฿15,000 to ฿50,000, influenced by factors such as school reputation, course duration, and additional amenities.
Some schools offer scholarships or payment plans, enhancing accessibility to quality education. It’s essential to strike a balance between your budget and the offerings of a school. While prestigious institutes may have a higher upfront cost, others may provide more affordable options without compromising quality.
This balance ensures you get the best value for your educational investment.
How Long is a Thai Massage Course?
When considering a Thai Massage course in Chiang Mai, the duration is a crucial factor for prospective students. Typically, these courses span from two weeks to three months, accommodating various time commitments and learning preferences.
Some institutes, recognized for their immersive programs, extend to the three-month mark, offering a more in-depth and culturally rich experience.
Alternatively, for those seeking a quicker path, certain academies provide intensive two-week courses, ensuring a focused yet comprehensive curriculum. Your availability and preferred learning pace should guide your choice, whether opting for a longer course for a deeper dive or a shorter program for a more condensed, efficient learning experience.
What Other Massage Modalities Are Taught?
In Chiang Mai, a well-rounded education extends beyond conventional Thai Massage techniques. Many schools recognize the necessity of diversifying their curriculum, specializing in therapeutic massage modalities. This focus equips students with additional skills tailored to address specific client needs, including techniques like oil massage, foot reflexology, and toksen massage.
This specialized training enhances graduates’ marketability, preparing them for a diverse range of opportunities in the spa and wellness industry.
When navigating your educational options, it’s essential to weigh how a school’s emphasis on diverse modalities aligns with your career aspirations. Beyond the foundational Thai Massage, the inclusion of other modalities offers a unique perspective into complementary therapies.
This consideration becomes crucial in the dynamic field of massage therapy, where a versatile skill set can elevate your expertise and broaden your scope in the ever-evolving spa and wellness landscape.
In summary, selecting a Thai Massage course in Chiang Mai involves weighing the cost against the value, choosing the duration that suits your schedule, and considering the inclusion of other massage modalities for a comprehensive education.
Each institution offers a unique blend of these factors, catering to different preferences and goals within the vibrant world of spa and massage.